About me

Hi there! My name is Corey Sanders, I'm a Speech Communications major dual enrolled at Oregon State and Linn Benton. I am taking this class this summer to fulfill some credits and learn more about Media and Society which is something that  has always interested me! My career goal is to get into sports broadcasting and media at some point throughout this next school year. I will be a Junior at OSU after this summer term.
Although I am not involved in athletics anymore, I have a true passion for sports as I have grown up around it my whole life. I also love being around friends and family.
My 3 sources of information would probably be Twitter, Google, and Facebook. Twitter is probably my number 1 source of information because it's something I can log onto on my phone, so fast and easy, and find out news so quickly. If I were to follow a News Broadcasting profile that was constantly tweeting current or sudden news, I would find out right away, or someone that I follow could tweet or retweet about something that is going on around the world and I could find out within seconds. I also like google, because well, its GOOGLE. You can use it for about any question that you have. Facebook would be apart of my top three as well because I am constantly seeing things on there about stuff going around the world because I have most adults on Facebook rather than Instagram or something. I believe all of these sources of information seem to be somewhat reliable because you can tell the difference between an official account between a fake one who could share invalid information. Given the information about fake news in the media, the media ecosystem concerns me because of how quickly people are to believe new that they are so uninformed about. People are so quick to pass on news, rumors that they believe are true without evem knowing full stories behind the headlines. To ensure that the information I read about through media is accurate, I look for official News accounts, pages, or shows. I look for broadcasting shows such as ABC, CBS, CSN, etc knowing that those are official news shows that will give me valid information, rather than reading random tweets, Facebook status's, or magazines who will say however they feel without authorization.

Comments

Popular Posts