Forum #3-- Twitter/Facebook and Advertising PR

On Snapchat, you have a friends list. Underneath all of your friends lists, there is a bunch of ads, that are mainly just for pure attention. Theres stuff about the news, polls you can take about things going on in the worlds, things representing magazines, etc. I noticed that NBC was a company/brand that was constantly popping up on my Snapchat promoting breaking news, stories, and the hot gossip. Snapchat  does a great job promoting NBC by being able to have NBC show up on my phone with out  me even asking, subscribing, and pressing anything on my phone and instantly gets me hooked on the story they are telling that day. It's a different story everyday.
I think that the target audience is mainly for the people of my generation, it typically promotes stories about things that we find interesting. For example, sports, things going on with celebrities or famous athletes, along with President Donald Trump and the latest news with him. I think they do a great jo targeting these types of audience because they make the story lines interesting. You have to click on the story with your finger, then they normally proceed with a funny noise or song, typically having you swipe up to "read more" about the gossip.
If I were in charge of this, I think I would definitely continue to promote this product. I think my generation today isn't involved in the news enough, and whatever gets the population more aware of what's going on, I'm all for it.

Comments

Popular Posts