Week 6-- Newspaper

When I was in  high school/ still lived with my parents, I got my local news from the Gazette Times newspaper. That was back when all I was interested were sports, and which sports teams in the league had won and which ones had lost. Today, I would say most of my local news comes from both Facebook and Twitter. I think that the local news is extremely important to day to day life because it's always good to know what's going on around your town, or local areas and to be aware of possible dangerous or hazardous things going on around. In the local news, you can find sports, weather, good news, and bad. I think all of these are very crucial to know about whats going on! On Twitter, I always look for the tiny blue check mark on the local news handles so I know that it's a certified page and I wont be receiving false stories. As to Facebook, I look for the local news pages and see if it takes me to a legit news website, or normally I can tell it's not reliable.
I do not subscribe to any online news operations. To be honest, I didn't even know that was a real thing.. this is the first I'm hearing of it!
I am probably a 3 when it comes to being informed on credible local news. I honestly don't really know who is elected currently as a representative for my town or anything, back in one of my classes I know I met a representative but i'm unsure as to if she is still doing that or not.

 Fake News:

I've always thought that President Trump's 'fake news' posts were him regarding to a falsely written article, or and incorrect news that is not true. I see him 'quote' retweeting news tweets on twitter and saying 'FAKE NEWS' all over it. It's hard for me to agree and disagree with the president because I have different views on all of his political choices. The only examples I could really give is the things I read off of his twitter account. Just the other day he tweeted " Only the Fake News Media and the Trump enemies want me to stop using social media (110 million people). Only way for me to get the truth out!" ---> I am very indifferent about this tweet.  It seems a little immature for the President of our country to announce that the only way he can get news out is to tweet... social media is NOT everything and not everything revolves their life around it. What if someone doesn't have a twitter?

I agree with probably the majority of the rest of the country on how the President is doing a disservice to the country and the First Amendment with his harsh tweets and twitter fights with other people.  I think it's extremely unprofessional along with immature.  I see him causing twitter fights with local celebrities all the time when he could easily just block them so he doesn't have to see what they are tweeting about him, nor would they have the ability to see his tweets.

I like my examples that I used above for the last part of this blog post. I think that Trump's random twitter rages, his online social media fights and such are a perfect example of how it's weakening our current state of affairs regarding social media and and journalism.. I think his tweets are a good example of how other countries or just people in general don't take our country or at least the person running our country seriously at all. They could possibly take it more as a joke


Comments

Popular Posts